Spacey breaks and electro at ~125. A lot of long songs this hour; I felt like giving things time to develop.
This mix is no longer available for download from this website. It is however available at mixcloud.
- Arpanet / Wireless Internet 00:00
- Dj HasH / Sector Calixis 01:52
- Lee / Distant Drift 04:38
- Low Orbit Satellite / Winter Morning PLUR Jam 08:12
- Sasha / Head Melter 10:15
- Stratowerx / Zero Hour Dispatch 14:51
- Redshape / Blink 18:10
- Andy Garvey / Complex Clarity 25:17
- Cygnus / Cybrid Vox 29:21
- Luke Eargoggle / Audio Warriors 34:56
- Zobol / Moving Atoms 38:26
- Koova / Sometimes A Conduit (Patricia's Amalgamix) 44:00
- Silicon Scally / Indefinite Space 48:43
- E.R.P. / Sensory Process (Plant43 Remix) 54:47
There's a bunch of new stuff in this mix. Going roughly in order... #3 Distant Drift by Lee and #11 Moving Atoms by Zobol are both from the the Creation Of A Positron EP on Sci-fact, an excellent electro/breaks EP, highly recommended. #4 Winter Morning PLUR Jam is from is from the 2016 Flying Steel EP by Low Orbit Satellite, which I bought on the day of this recording. Track 8 Complex Clarity by Andy Garvey is from the wonderfully varied Complex Clarity EP on Lobster Theremin, and was just released this month.
There's another significant new release in this mix, however, and that's Sasha's Head Melter. It's apparently an old track of his, recovered and released as the first part of a bandcamp-only series he's calling DETAT. It's a super sweet track, exactly the kind of moody breaks that I like. I don't know Sasha's work well - I can only compare Head Melter to Rabbitweed from the Xpander EP - but this tune makes me want to dig through his back catalog.
I'll be back next week with my usual end-of-month slow set. I'm thinking 90 BPM, I have a few new pieces at that tempo to play with. 'till then.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.