Electro. House? Some music I've been holding on to for quite a while.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Shine Grooves / Runout 04.07 00:00
- Shanti Celeste / SSS (OG Cut) 01:20
- Peverelist / Better Ways Of Living 06:45
- Miotek & WRTH / Our Funk (Radioactiveman Remix) 09:50
- Indio / Armenian Eyes 14:13
- Micronaut / Quadstepper 17:29
- Annie Hall / Sky Watcher 19:28
- Ion Driver / Magma 24:30
- Dexter / Ech Vet! 28:37
- Transllusion / Consequences 33:36
- Aril Brikha / Sweet Lullaby 37:10
- Pathic / Inklik 39:09
- MAS 2008 / X-Perience The Reality 44:57
- Fatima Yamaha / Between Worlds 47:09
- Rude 66 / My 909 53:13
- S.Slot / Afterlife 57:44
I said at the beginning of this show that I was going to play electro. That turned out to be both true and not - there's a quite a bit of weirdness in this selection. The Peverelist track: is it dubstep (or maybe garage)?. Is Armenian Eyes by Indio future jazz? I know Shanti Celeste and Fatima Yamaha (AKA Bas Bron) for their house music - so what are those tracks? These genre labels start to break down. And that's interesting to me.
Having said that, my standout track this week is a more traditional electro piece: Inklik by Pathic. Available on the Pyramid Transmissions Free Sampler as well as Interstellar Communications Vol. 1, which I still need to pick up. I've mentioned Pyramid Transmissions before, and my recommendation still holds. I can't wait to play more of their tracks.
It's a goal of mine to try and play different genres, different sounding music, within each of these sets. I believe I succeeded this week, and I'm happy with the result.
Now I've got to go clean that scratchy potentiometer.