Electro up around 140 this week. You might have heard that we're having a little civic event here in the United States of America, so I reached for something comfortable and easy to play... then got carried away.
This mix is no longer available for download from this website. It is however available at mixcloud.
- Paul Birken / Untitled [HPS12-05 A1] 00:00
- Andrea Parker & David Morley / Game Over 02:30
- T.E.S.T. / Wrestling Microbes 04:53
- Plant43 / Chain Of Memories 08:26
- Anz / Gary Mission 11:59
- Metroneem / Gone To Ground 14:48
- Sonar Base / Space Travel 19:15
- Sansibar / My Boom 22:44
- Aux 88 / Synthesizers 26:04
- DJ Di'jital / Input Main 29:02
- FTG / Input Dada 30:39
- Luke Eargoggle & Kan3da / Night Smoker 33:44
- Nanobot / Polymorphic Flight 37:16
- Spectrums Data Forces / Telemaco (Systemic Remix) 41:23
- Ra-X / Humanoid Revolution 43:54
- Ascension Électronique / rEVOLution 47:20
- Perception / Mirage (Beat Vocal Mix) 50:59
- Ascension Électronique / rEVOLution 51:54
- DJ R21 / Pulse 53:16
- Composite Profuse / Definitive Neglect 54:53
A few recent purchases made it into this mix, notably track 5 Gary Mission by Anz and track 8 My Boom by Sansibar. Anz's track is from her genre-bending EP for Hessle Audio, out this September, highly recommend that. Sansibar's My Boom is from a split 7" on Warning Berlin, also released this year, also very good.
The copy of Ascension Électronique's rEVOLution played here is from the Electro Compendium and not their album Harmonic Defiance which I've linked to above. (I still need to pick up that album). I don't think there are any differences between the two versions. Neither version includes the deviation into Mirage, of course, that was a bit of fun I threw in.
I try to be careful with the vocals, tracknames, the content in general of the music I select for this show. Wrestling Microbes, rEVOLution, Mirage... it isn't subtle, but it's what I'm feeling at the moment. (This one's better message-wise than the time I sort-of accidentally played a track that samples Louis Farrakhan, at least).
I don't know what I'll do next week; will probably reach for something familiar again, something easy. Check back on the 12th and I'll have a new mix up regardless.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.