Wandering through some ~90 BPM downtempo, electro, industrial. A few things I've been listening to this month.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix. This mix is also available at mixcloud.
This post was updated on 2020/10/16.
- Paul Birken / Untitled [HPS12-05 B1] 00:00
- Palm Skin Production / Slipper Suite 05:12
- RPM / 2000 08:08
- Dogon vs. Wee DJs / The Thing On The Doorstep 12:34
- Ian o'Brien / Jarrett's Blues 14:22
- Neotropic / Beautiful Pool 20:09
- KMFDM / M & F 244 (High And Geil) 23:26
- Front Line Assembly / Big Money (Remix) 28:34
- Coil / The Hills Are Alive 31:38
- Automat / Dark Days 35:37
- Kitbuilders / Slyder 39:09
- Daniel Savio / Make It Personal 41:24
- Secret Frequency Crew / Deep Blue 44:12
- Shadowbunny / Lost 48:10
- Nitzer Ebb / Come Alive. 52:46
- UR / 4 Down 58:23
So, the first thing I forgot in my vocal intro was the title of Paul Birken's Waite Park EP, AKA HiPass Music HPS12-05, where the first track of this mix comes from. Birken has a bunch of old releases up at his bandcamp currently listed at name-your-price; if you're looking for midwest acid, techno, and the occasional chunky beat then I recommend you head over there and flip through his catalog.
Headz (A Soundtrack Of Experimental Beathead Jams) is the second thing I forgot. That's the title of the famous Mo Wax compilation that both tracks 2 and 3 come from. In my defense I didn't have the artwork in front of me.
Come Alive by Nitzer Ebb doesn't really fit here, but I wanted to hear it, so it takes a prime slot at the end of this hour. It's the one track on the As Is EP I really like, and the pressing sounds good, 12" at 45 RPM.
I'll do something quick again next week, probably electro hovering around 135. I've got some new tunes to play, so check back if you're interested in that.