Electro floating around 120 BPM. More Brokntoys, more TRUST, and an old tune by Überzone to close the show.
Due to a scheduling conflict this show did not air live on aNONradio.
It was recorded a few hours later than usual and is available for listening
at mixcloud and for download
at rb387.net and mega.nz
here. The spectrogram above links to the file hosted on
djcev.com; right-click save-as to download.
This post was updated on 2020/10/16.
- Chameleon / Zero Is My Country 00:00
- Pip Williams / ASBO Youth 01:58
- Userwave / The Titan 05:20
- Psylocity / Lifeway 09:39
- Cybotron / R9 11:58
- Sbles3plex / Sweet Self Destruction 15:42
- E-Control / [B]eat This 19:11
- Biepang / Shuttle Arctica 23:47
- Morah / Rings Of Saturn 29:28
- Luke Eargoggle / Stranger Destiny 33:31
- The Exaltics / Compressed Thoughts 37:06
- Lok44 / Ghetto Of The Mind 39:56
- Scape One / Random Codex 43:08
- Shadowbunny / SpigolaScura 44:59
- Sigma Algebra / Shin 48:14
- Überzone / Botz (Organik) 50:17
- Kronos Device / Dead Of Night 56:19
Track #2 ASBO Youth by Pip Williams, track #9 Rings Of Saturn by Morah, and track #10 Stranger Destiny by Luke Eargoggle are all on the label Brokntoys. Track #8 Shuttle Arctica by Biepang and track #12 Ghetto Of The Mind by Lok44 are both from the label TRUST. Strong recommendation for both labels; I keep talking them up, and they keep being awesome.
Three tracks I've been meaning to play here for years made it into this selection. First and most obvious is R9 by Cybotron (Got the eyes and ears, totalitarian truth). Second is [B]eat This by E-Control, from Global Survey Phase 2 on Dominance Electricity. I think I've played at least half that comp on this program at this point. Third and last is the Organik mix of Botz by Überzone, one of the two big mixes of Botz on that 12". It's a little odd that both R9 and Botz ended up in the same set, but I guess that's my style.
Not too much more to say about this one. I took the show title from a track on Scape One's Potent Mutagen release for Cultivated Electronics; that track was in this mix for a bit, but got cut for Random Codex.
I'll be back next week, hopefully live on aNONradio again, with something slower. It feels like a good time to play some chunky, menacing beats.