~132 BPM electro, moving from unsettled to combative to sad and angry.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix. This mix is also available at mixcloud.
This post was updated on 2020/10/16.
- Eggfooyoung / Bad Dream 00:00
- XY0815 & Int Main / Rigid Body 01:23
- Boris Divider / Electro Invader 05:58
- Low Orbit Satellite / Intruder9999 09:06
- Hadamard / You Know Wat I Mean 12:17
- Carl Finlow / Electro Commando 16:37
- Sniper Mode / The Mob Is On The Streets 21:34
- Darkmode / River Of Pain 26:11
- Front Line Assembly / No Control 29:08
- Final Cut / The Escape 33:05
- The Hacker / Dans La Salle Des Machines 35:17
- Li-Z / Sugar OD 39:48
- Sematic4 / Splinter In The Mind 42:21
- Johannes Heil / Brotherhood Of Snakes 46:13
- I-F / I Do Because I Couldn't Care Less 50:33
- Ra-X / This Is Not My Reality 53:53
- Jega / Breakpoint Envelope 57:58
Track #5 You Know Wat I Mean by Hadamard, track #8 River Of Pain by Darkmode, and track #13 Splinter In The Mind by Sematic4 are all on the excellent label Bass Agenda. The latter two are from their Various Objekts series of free compilations, which I'll recommend as good samplers of the label's sound.
Both track #11 Dans La Salle Des Machines by The Hacker and track #14 Brotherhood Of Snakes by Johannes Heil are from the 2004 compilation In Electro We Trust on Datapunk, Anthony Rother's label. My favorite tracks on the comp are Rother's two contributions, Freaks and Celebrate The Roots, both of which are available at his bandcamp.
I realize some of these selections may be in poor taste at this moment, but I'm angry and felt like listening to angry things. Black Lives Matter. Defund the police, take their money and spend it on social services. Shoutout and thank you to everyone protesting police violence in Portland, the USA, and all over the world.