Finishing out the springtime dub techno and moving into a little electro this week. My traditional end-of-the-month slow set.
This mix is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Rings Around Saturn / World Interior 00:00
- Ohrwert / Neutral 03:10
- Iwata / Stereotype 05:55
- Brk / III 09:48
- Mark Broom / Look And Stare 14:48
- Paperclip People / Remake (Basic Reshape) 18:09
- Fingers In The Noise / Empty Whisky Bottle 22:23
- Chronolux / Sun Spots 27:19
- Am.Light / Breathing 32:11
- Plant43 / Amphibious Architecture 35:15
- Electronome / V = for Viewlexx! 39:11
- Lowfish / Cancel, Continue 42:00
- Silicon / The Wash 46:55
- Marco Bernardi / Complete Direction 49:52
- Martin Nonstatic / Sense Of Life 54:45
About half of this mix is a tour through free dub techno netlabels - Deepindub (track 7), Dewtone (tracks 9 and 15), Energostatic (tracks 3 and 4), Recycled Plastics (track 2), and Thinner (track 8) all feature here. My favorites of those are the two from Energostatic Records: Stereotype by Iwata and III by Brk. Dewtone and Recycled Plastics appear to be the only active labels from that list.
Track 6 Remake (Basic Reshape) by Paperclip People (AKA Carl Craig) is of course a Basic Channel remix. The copy played here is from the Basic Reshape 12", Basic Channel catalog number BC-BR. I believe I bought my copy at Platinum Records a few years after its release. I've linked to Hardwax in the tracklist above, where that same release is still available both vinyl and digital.
Tracks 13 The Wash and 14 Complete Direction are both from the Dutch electro label Frustrated Funk. The Wash is of course by Heath Brunner, head of V-Max Records, and not any of the other artists named Silicon. Bernardi's Complete Direction is from his Welcome To My World EP, and is the slow track on that otherwise fast EP.
I'm glad I picked this month for dub techno, as it's been a tough one otherwise. I'll be back next week with something fast again. Something weird.