Electro, techno, and a little weirdness at a comfortable 130.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Solitary Dancer / Paradise Found (Rapture Version) 00:00
- LektroiD / Communication 02:05
- MAS 2008 / Atari Controlled 07:12
- Nullptr / LPC-10 11:13
- Obergman / Chronostasis 15:35
- Loyal Hardware / On You 20:26
- Max Duley / Double Front 24:55
- Aramchek / Benicassim 28:18
- Decal / Look So Fine 31:59
- Instra:mental / Futurist 36:35
- Overmono / iii's Front 40:55
- Insync vs. Mysteron² / Next World 45:28
- MAS 2008 / Wavecode 049 48:21
- Boris Divider / Shut Down The System 53:53
- Boris Divider / Shut Down The System (Bonus Pad) 57:55
Tracks 3 and 13 are both from MAS 2008's excellent 2003 Forward Contraire EP on Twilight 76 Records. I played the first song from the b-side of that record, Paranoia Dreams, back in March 2017 for the second episode of this radio program. It's a snappy, synth-y sounding release, a long-time favorite of mine.
The middle section of this, from track 6 through track 10, is all in a different drum rhythm than the rest of the mix. I think the drums are accented in a 3+3+2 pattern (similar to the first half of the 3-2 clave rhythm). That's what I was trying to hear when selecting those songs, anyway. The tracks are all good, but maybe don't fit together quite right. Of interest to electro fans (beyond Decal appearing) is that Aramchek is Keith Tenniswood and Andrew Weatherall, famous as Two Lone Swordsmen.
And that's all I've got this week. I'll be back with something slower next time.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.