Electro bass music at ~125 this week. Detroit, Miami, Elektrodos, etc. Pitched up, pitched down.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Weapons Of Bass Destruction / End Of Science 00:00
- Michna / Triple Chrome Dipped 01:23
- MIDI K84 / Tu Programa De Electro 04:58
- Jock-D vs. Jealous J / DJ Wars 08:17
- Aux 88 / Lets Dance 09:42
- Eggfooyoung / Bass 2 Large 13:02
- Dynamix II ft. Breezy Beat MC / Just Give The DJ A Break 1990 15:30
- Technoid / Technoid (Club) 18:42
- Bass One / Hardcore Bass Uproar (Techno Bass Version) 21:17
- Old School Players / 120 BPM 23:21
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Dragon Bass 25:39
- UR / Base Camp Alpha 808 28:41
- J. Shaw / Surfing Galaxies 32:41
- Supreme.ja / The Darkside (Exzakt Bonus Beats) 36:58
- T.E.S.T. / Request Unknown 39:29
- Aux 88 / Frequency 135 44:17
- Exzakt / Clarity (Hydraulix Remix) 46:03
- Cybotron / Clear 51:20
- Old School Players / Clear 53:44
- Eon / Spice (DJ Wreck's Bass Flo' Mix) 55:07
- Bass Master A.C.E / Cosmic Quad 58:41
I picked up Aux 88's great Bass Magnetic the day of this show. It sounds like a significant missing link, a connection between Detroit electro and Miami Bass. Released in 1994 and re-released in 2017, I only just noticed it's been available on Beatport since last year. It's amazing. A proper classic. Go get it, or at least go listen to it.
There are a couple of cute mixes in this hour that were done to illustrate sample sources. The first is the Just Give The DJ A Break to Technoid mix. Technoid either samples or covers the bassline of that Dynamix II track, and the two sound pretty good together. The second is of course Hydraulix's mix of Clarity to Clear by Cybotron. It's a pretty obvious link, and works OK (though Clarity is running at -8% to make it happen). After that I couldn't resist fading the Old School Players cover of Clear into the original, even though it's a trick I've used before.
The last thing I'd like to mention is the new(ish) Eggfooyoung track Bass 2 Large. It was originally released as part of a promotional compilation called Magic City, and has been recently re-released on MonoTrax Volume 1 by Monotone Music. It sounds to me like a combination of the Michna albums and Breakdance & Motivate. It's super good, so go buy it from Monotone or download it at the soundcloud link above.
This mix is pretty loose, but overall OK. I've been waiting to do the Clarity-Clear thing for a while, and am glad to have gotten to it now. More Detroit electro, Florida electro, and Miami Bass next week.