Miami Bass. Florida Electro. Old car audio bass CDs. This one is probably Not Safe For Work - it doesn't get raunchy, but almost. I'm sure some profanity snuck through.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Dynamix II / Woofer Test II (The Longest Hum On The Planet) 00:00
- Jock-D & Jealous J / Party Time 01:28
- Dynamix II ft. J-Nas-T / Feel The Groove 05:24
- Techno Bass Crew / Do It To Me 08:14
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Listen To The Music 10:27
- Beat Dominator / Retro Style 12:58
- Bass Master A.C.E / Totally Bass 16:27
- MC A.D.E. And Posse / DJ Eddie B 19:12
- Iceman Ja / Dance Transformers 22:07
- The 2 Live Crew / Get It Girl 27:02
- Fresh Celeste ft. M-4 Sers / Get It Boy (Radio Version) 28:54
- Fresh Celeste ft. M-4 Sers / Get It Boy (Bonus Beats) 30:24
- Kooly C & KJ / Let's Get This Party Started 32:21
- Afro-Rican / Give It All You Got (Instrumental) 36:36
- Salt-N-Pepa / Push It (Remix 12" Version) 38:22
- Old School Players / Push It 40:52
- Quad City DJ's / Work Baby Work (The Prep) 42:18
- Quad City DJ's / C'mon N' Ride It (The Train) (Dance Remix) 47:30
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Don't Stop The Bass 48:38
- Excel / Don't Stop Now 52:30
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Bass Out 57:32
August is bass month, and here's our first installment. Similar to MTT023 this is mostly miami bass & car audio stuff between 120 and 130 beats per minute, though I do sidestep into more recognizable pop music with Salt-N-Pepa and Quad City DJ's. Where Miami Bass surfaces and joins '90s mainstream pop, I suppose. Quad City DJ's are really good at what they do...
Iceman Ja's Dance Transformers stands out among the traditional miami bass - the pad, the little (FM?) synth melody, the rap, the scratches, it's exceptional. Amazingly Iceman Ja just put out a new album called The Transformer a couple of months ago. It's available at On-Fire Electronic Records, Iceman's label. It sounds pretty dang good, too; might have to pick it up to play later this month.
I'm happy with this one, despite a few obvious flubs. I danced around like a fool, missed a few cues, didn't quite match tempo a few times. It's all good.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.