Bass month begins. Detroit, Florida, and a bit of Plastikman this week.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Eggfooyoung / Bad Dream 00:00
- Eggfooyoung / Bass Bin 01:17
- Old School Players / Trans Europe Express 05:43
- MC A.D.E. And Posse / Bass Rock Express (Instrumental) 08:14
- Quad City DJ's / The Bass 10:18
- Model 500 / The Flow 13:56
- Electric Street Orchestra / The Natives 17:52
- FUSE / Slac 22:05
- Dynamix II / Purple Beats 25:13
- Beat Dominator / Bass... Can You Hear Me? 28:39
- Aux 88 / Man Or Machine 31:25
- Techmaster P.E.B. / DSTM 2 36:28
- UR / Electronic Warfare (Drexciya Electric Eel Mix) 39:32
- Exzakt ft. Uprock / Dope Fiend 43:17
- Plastikman / Lasttrak 49:03
- Bass Master A.C.E / Sea Of Bass 56:32
This hour's selection is odd. A combination of Detroit electro and Miami Bass (and more modern Florida electro). More Florida than Detroit - Aux 88, Electric Street Orchestra, Model 500, and Underground Resistance represent the latter. Expect a similar approach for the remaining shows this month. (I'll probably get into some UK electrobass as well, but not for a week or so.)
Everything here is good. These are all hits, as far as I'm concerned. The Natives, Dope Fiend, the Techmaster P.E.B. track, and the Bass Master A.C.E track are the only somewhat obscure pieces. The Natives is the same record as Reconstruct (the A-side), which I played a few months ago. Dope Fiend is the slower version of the classic Musik Is The Drug. And the Techmaster and Bass Master tunes are both proper car audio bass, music for flexing woofers.
The bass will flow again next week, though at a higher tempo. Apologies for the late tracklist (It says 2019-08-02 as the post date, but this is in reality being published four days later than that). Thanks as always to everyone out there listening.