Electro, Detroit and otherwise, for an impromptu US Independence Day show.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Gliese / Landing On A Wild Planet 00:00
- Model 600 / Update Version.ur 03:30
- J. Shaw / Neuron Galaxy 07:03
- Ectomorph / Magnetic (Version) 10:01
- Chaos / Afrogermanic 12:33
- The Sentinel / 2.2.4 15:56
- Contactless / Downpour 17:48
- J. Shaw / Jupiter Funk 22:28
- Model 500 / OFI (Mad Mike Remix) 25:58
- EDMX / Do You Wanna? (Instrumental) 28:19
- DJ Di'jital / The Enforcer 30:24
- DJ Godfather / Future Shock 33:39
- KT-19941 / Face Your Fate 35:58
- EDMX / Minimum 39:41
- D.I.E. / Not R Fault 41:46
- Dark Matrix / Untitled [LSF007 B3] 45:15
- Dexter / D-Funked 48:17
- Drexciya / Hydro Cubes 51:20
- Andrew Red Hand / Detroit Sunset 55:05
- Stingray313 / 22-334E 57:22
J. Shaw's two tracks, from his album on Tec-Troit, stand out in this show. It's a smooth, fast (mostly 140 BPM and over), proper Detroit electro album. It's seriously great; I've had it on repeat all weekend, and can't recommend it enough.
Shaw also put out an album on Militant Science in 2011, specifically MSIA027. (Which appears to be a compilation of music previously available as MSR011 and MSR015). It's my favorite single release from Militant Science; I'll recommend that one, too.
A reddit thread tipped me off to Model 500's OFI. I somehow missed it back in 2010, even though I picked up the later Control single in 2012. The title of that thread is accurate - OFI is a track that bounces, leans, rides. The only thing I dislike about it is the mastering - it sounds overcompressed. Still gets me dancing, though.
There's lots more to recommend from this hour - that Contactless album, Gliese's Flight To New Home EP, Detroit In Effect's Not R Fault (which I picked up from their Myspace page years ago), and so on. But if I don't stop talking here I'll end up running through the whole tracklist.
This was a fun set. I've got no idea what I'll do next week.