Breaks & electro, a bit higher tempo than last week's show. I pulled a couple obscure records (and a flac or two) off the shelf for this one.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Axiom 23 / Figure Skating 00:00
- Kerr Knoll / The Unknown 04:32
- Technasia / Crosswalk 08:23
- Scape One / The Red Tea Room 12:01
- Nullptr / Mothership 15:10
- Ectomorph / Mysteries (Of The) 19:03
- DJ Graeme / Illectro 23:25
- Burrito Boys / Untitled [AT05 A3] 28:00
- The Dexorcist / Connect One [-6%] 29:56
- Paradox & MdCL / Dystopia 34:18
- Teebee & K / Moonraker 39:53
- Michna / Redline Flights 42:08
- T.E.S.T. & Excel / It Seems To Me 46:01
- Trestristestigres / B-Sunrise 50:31
- Bushwacka! / Tool B 54:53
I was mistaken in my vocal intro: Axiom 23's Figuring Skating is on a label called Radio Of The Pickled Gizmo. That whole album, Hidden Agenda, is very good. Axiom 23 also has a recent (2018) album on Kahvi Collective called Origins, which is also quite good. Both are currently available for free (or pay-what-you-want) at the links above.
DJ Graeme's Kombo EP is one of the obscure pieces I mentioned. It's a four track 12", with three loopy four-on-the-floor tracks and then Illectro, airy and bassy and amazing. It's the only record by Graeme that I own, unfortunately. I'd love to pick up some of his other electro work, particularly the Illectro EP for the track Point Zero.
The Burrito Boys are another old overlooked electro group. The untitled track included here is from the East Coast Art Solution 12". I've got that and the Force The Beat 2x12". Both are great, tracky, tough '90s electro. I like that The Dexorcist left a comment on the Burrito Boys' discogs page; seems fitting somehow.
There's more going on here, of course. Breaks from two drum & bass duos in Paradox & MdCL and Teebee & K; proper Florida electro from T.E.S.T. & Excel; B-Sunrise from Trestristestigres (which I've used to close a show before). But I've ranted long enough, so let's call it there. Next week's show will be another mellow one I think.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.