70 BPM dubby business this week. Working through my notes from last week, playing the more mellow tracks.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Kuedo / Shutter Light Girl 00:13
- Om Unit / Passages 01:15
- Juswan / Submersive (Scuba Version) 04:28
- Insync vs Mysteron² / Naked I 08:33
- Bandulu / Isn't It Time 13:14
- Reedale Rise / Duv 18:47
- Tones On Tail / Lions 22:22
- Jus Wan / Stand Dub 25:51
- Hajimari / Etched Dub 31:17
- Bryan Zentz / Troublesome Dub 35:22
- Subeena ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith / Solidify 39:04
- Plant43 / Neon 43:48
- Vaccine / Cascade Failure 49:03
- Gescom / Go Sheep 52:41
Every one of these tracks is good. From the dubby techno of Insync vs. Mysteron and Bandulu, to the dubstep (?) of Jus Wan and Hajimari, to the electro and IDM at the end of this mix. I'm super happy with this selection, and how weird (and goofy, and fun) it is.
I want to highlight Vaccine's Ochre, Cascade Failure here. That's a seriously wonderful single that I found through the great Autonomic Movement. It's still fresh today, nine years later. I've been meaning to pick up more of Vaccine's work; now feels like a good time.
Plus I managed to play Lions, and it didn't sound terrible. Happy about that.
Levels could be better though.