Drum & Bass this week, featuring 10 tracks from the label Subtle Audio.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- ASC / Oceanography 00:00
- Fracture / Sound Spectrum '96 05:14
- Nebula / Frame Of Reference 08:16
- Enjoy ft. Paolo Corsini / Jellyfishes Leave Me Indifferent 13:10
- Parallel / Into The Deep End 17:41
- Infest / Peaceful Tree 22:56
- Moreno / Alone 26:40
- Dissident / Universe Eat Universe 30:35
- Brad Impact / Everything I Left Behind 35:37
- R.M / Tanuki 38:58
- Equinox / Your Love's So Cold 43:30
- Sileni / Bouncing Octagonal Fragments (Macc Remix) 48:35
- Nebula / Encounters VIP 51:24
- Spotless / She Showed, She Smiled 56:51
As mentioned, 10 of these tracks were released by the Irish drum & bass label Subtle Audio. Everything except tracks 6, 7, 10, and 14. I'd say just about everything on the label is good. Lots of interesting drum programming. It's run by DJ Code, and I've got to give credit to him for the transition from Your Love's So Cold to Bouncing Octagonal Fragments to Encounters, something he did on the Subtle Audio Vol. II mix. (Though I did mix up the track order a little bit).
Tracks 6 and 7, Peaceful Tree and Alone respectively, are both from the free netlabel Digibeat Music. Active from about 2006 to 2013, they released a series of drum & bass releases, including several by artists that also appeared on the Subtle Audio compilations. (Eschaton, Jason oS, Parallel, Relapse, [sub].) Digibeat's back catalog is available for download through their blog, and the label Omni Music seems to have picked up where they left off.
Finally: shoutout and thanks to Ryan Organ, who sold me the first Subtle Audio vinyl comp when he was working at Anthem Records. His recommendation was perfect; I've been following the label since.