Fast-ish noisy electro and IDM this week. Lots of zaps and zooms, delay and reverb.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Azmotronik / Last One In For Breakfast 00:00
- Cultek / Construct 03:20
- Señor Frio / Barda 07:42
- 214 / Vocal Calisthenics 12:19
- Chromatix / Assembler 16:31
- Noyeahno / Outsiders 19:34
- Bitstream / Incubator 23:32
- Señor Frio / Hatjail 26:56
- Monolake / CCTV 31:15
- Bass Kittens / MFS_Root (Volum Remix) 35:17
- Nomadic / Alpha Phix (Andrea Parker Remix) 40:36
- Hydraulix / Xero - 1 (214's Binary Pop N Lock Mix) 43:21
- Volsoc / Try To Save Your Song (OK Robot) 48:00
- Snog / Real Estate Man (Sir Real's Persuasive Techniques Remix) 53:10
- Funkstörung / Oszillator 57:45
This mix features two tracks each from the labels Buried In Time, Digital Distortions, [k]racktroni[k], and Touchin' Bass. All great labels. Kracktronik and Touchin' Bass were favorites of mine in the 2000s. Buried In Time is a local Portland (OR) label releasing glitchy IDM music, challenging stuff.
The Hydraulix track included in this hour is a bonus remix available at their old blogspot site. The original track, Xero - 1, is from the 4 Pumps / 2 Dumps EP on Touchin' Bass. That's a fantastic EP, definitely worth seeking out.
First show of 2019! I could've mixed faster and worked in more music, but decided to take it easy. Was probably for the best. Good tunes in any case.