Ambient, downtempo and breakbeat-y things on the program this week. Winding down after playing the arcade yesterday.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Albert Kuningas / Astraaliprojektio 00:00
- Ian O'Brien / Dayride 03:20
- Air / Travelling Without Moving (Trip 8) 09:01
- Fluke / Kitten Moon 12:28
- üNN / Passengers 19:15
- FSOL / Eyes Pop, Skin Explodes, Everybody Dead 22:43
- Neotropic / Nana 25:52
- International Observer / Flip Flop Cemetery 29:45
- Dublicator / Echos Of Babylon 34:13
- Cabaret Voltaire / Resonator 38:15
- Karl Biscuit / Hiérophone (Avalon Remix) 41:35
- Kenny Larkin / Java 46:16
- 69 / Desire 51:19
- Neotropic / The Older You Get 57:04
FSOL, Neotropic, two tracks from Freezone 1: The Phenomenology of Ambient, a couple tracks from the Elektrolux label. Good stuff.
Kitten Moon by Fluke stands out. I recently listened to that album again for the first time in years, and it holds up well. Though it is hard to hear the first two tracks without thinking of the movies (and commercials, etc.) they appeared in.
But the highlight here is Desire by Carl Craig, for sure. I've wanted to play that for months, and I can't think of a better way to close 2018.