Slightly more mellow this week. Electro, IDM, techno, etc.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Aepiel / Nineteen 80 00:00
- Ali Khan / Space 03:10
- Holger Flinsch / Tenpres 07:42
- Model 500 / Starlight (Soultek's Falling Stars Mix) 11:25
- Scape One / Escape To Paradise 15:39
- Il.Ek.Tro / Carbon Academy 22:18
- Numbercult / Entropy 25:06
- Micronaut / Utopian Dub 28:21
- Herr Wacher / Heliopause 32:02
- Supreems / Stream Of Consciousness 36:29
- The Black Dog / Cost II 41:26
- Boards Of Canada / June 9th 45:03
- Supreems / Close Your Eyes (And Feel) 47:57
- Brian Eno / Fractal Zoom (Separate Time Full Length) 57:06
- Galaxy Toobin' Gang / Friday Afternoon Toobin' 57:51
This selection was inspired by the Close Your Eyes (And Feel) EP by the Supreems. I heard it a few weeks ago and was blown away. Picked up a copy as soon as I could.
The first two tracks are both from the excellent Dewtone Recordings label. I found Dewtone through a recent post on Reddit's dubtechno forum. There's some great chill ambient music and dub techno in their catalog. Painting The Sky by Aepiel, Zen Flashcards by Ali Khan, and Plant Intelligence by Lav all stood out to me as both unusual and good.
I'm happy to have finally worked Fractal Zoom by Brian Eno into one of these shows, even if the mixing was sketchy. It's one of my favorite songs; I love how loose the drumming in it is. Love everything about it, really. Nerve Net in general is underrated, I think.