Electro this week. Rocking out to some old tracks, some new. An excuse to play a few recent purchases.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Erosion / 3 00:00
- London Modular Alliance / Tinker 02:00
- Scape One / Galaxy Of Funk 04:41
- Chaotic State / Cubic Rube 07:22
- Miotek & Salmz / First Contact (Sync 24 Remix) 11:00
- Dr. Futurist / The Möbius Strip 13:21
- Drexciya / Triangular Hydrogen Strain 16:05
- Morphology / Dalek Invasion 19:51
- Plant43 / Ubicomp Malfunction 22:55
- E.R.P. / Wisteria 27:10
- Gosub / Lost In Our Ways 30:43
- Dexter / Midnight Cruiser 36:10
- E.R.P. / Repose 39:26
- Vertical67 / Morphed Reality 44:25
- Robyrt Hecht / Time To Shift (Amper Clap's Kit Kat Remix) 48:46
- Komarken Electronics / Expanded Consciousness 52:36
- Gescom / Motor 1 56:49
I picked up the two Morphology and three Plant43 releases on Semantica last month and had intended to play them this week, but only one track by each artist made it in. E.R.P.'s Repose is also on Semantica, part of a series called Evoked Potentials. All very good albums. Pulp sci-fi outer space electro.
A lot of old favorites made it into this mix. Galaxy Of Funk, Lost In Our Ways, Midnight Cruiser... I think I've been playing those three tracks regularly since they were released, back in the mid 2000s. Gosub's Lost In Our Ways from the Low Volume Lovers EP on Frustrated Funk is particularly good. There are no bad tracks on that 12".
The mixing this week was a bit shaky but dang was it fun. I didn't put much thought into the selection, just picked good tracks and cut loose. I think I'll do something like this again next week, so check back for that.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.