Downtempo, IDM, a bit of old demoscene, a bit of vaporwave. Chill-out music, mostly.
Unfortunately my internet connection dropped a little over halfway through this show. Robot DJ Kumata, aNONradio's mascot DJ, played J-Pop and soundtracks during this period - from roughly 34:48 to 41:32 in the recording.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Basehead / Shades Of Night 4 (Sea At Dawn) 00:00
- RS3 / Optic Embrace 04:16
- Dogon / Fool's Walk 09:13
- Zoomin' ft. Fay Saphirah / Purify Myself (Instr.) 12:12
- User18081971 / 14 Cornish Spreek5b (St. Nectan S Glen Waterfalls Mix) 17:37
- User48736353001 / (Watery Big EZ) 20:48
- DeepWoods / Heavy Rain 23:06
- Creta Kano / Skyway 81 26:59
- t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 / 蒸気涙 31:07
- Quantum Leap / Sofa Music 34:30
- Internet dropout; robot DJ Kumata takes over from 34:48 to 41:32
- Cabaret Voltaire / Harmonic Parallel 41:33
- Orbital / Times Fly (Slow) 44:24
- Amon Tobin / Piranha Breaks 48:41
- [sub] / Sensualism 51:49
- Boymerang / Secret Life 56:54
I picked up Creta Kano's Skyway Motel this month (from Boomkat) and that served as the inspiration for this hour. I'm happy and a bit surprised the mix from Heavy Rain to Skyway 81 worked. And then on to proper vaporwave from t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者...
Two tracks were taken from the Space Night Vol. VIII compilation on Elektrolux. Specifically track 4 Purify Myself and track 10 Sofa Music. It's a sweet comp, one I've played tracks from before, see MTT018 and MTT044.
This was a pretty good set! Good for a quick few hours picking tracks and winging it, anyway. Sad about the connection drop, but that'll happen from time to time. I might rework this into something more cohesive in the future.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.