Aggressive 2000s Florida electro with a few '90s bass CD tracks thrown in.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Circuit Breaker / Circuit Breaker 01:15
- Dynamik Bass System / Electronic Freakazoidz 04:12
- Tricky D / Take It To The Max (Hydraulix Remix) 07:19
- Code Rising vs Phonotronix / Fathom 11:13
- T.E.S.T. / Heat Levels Critical 13:42
- Supreme.ja / Terminal City 18:14
- Autonomous Bass Heads / Paradise Garage 22:11
- Hydraulix / Sector 7 26:20
- T.E.S.T. / Coming Thru 31:15
- Phonotronix / The Camouflage 35:18
- Factor E / 20k Freaks (Jackal & Hyde Remix) 39:07
- Otto Von Schirach / Bass Low (Gucci Bass RMX) 41:56
- Dynamik Bass System / Face Down (B)ass Up (Booty Hop) 45:29
- Dynamix II / Pledge Your Allegiance To Electro Funk 46:39
- Exzakt / Dark Mind 51:01
- Silicon / Silc Worm 55:57
A close look will reveal that this isn't exclusively artists from Florida. Both Dynamik Bass System and Supreme.ja are German. My excuse is: the tracks by them featured in this mix were all released on Florida labels (Monotone and BFP). Not to take away from either artist, those tracks are excellent.
Otto Von Schirach's Bass Low was linked on reddit's /r/electro and was in the mix the next day. Definitely my favorite of Otto's tracks (that I've heard), with Calle Ocho as a close second. I'm still not sure where or when to play it, but smashing it into 20k Freaks worked well enough. It's worth noting that 20k Freaks is the A side of Florida Electro Artists Vol. 2; the B side of that record is Resident Alien's Movement Through Thought.
I feel that this mix is OK, but very close to being great. Swap out a track or two, add a track or two, mix a few slightly faster and it'd be much improved. Most of these are tracks I don't regularly play; I'm glad I gave them a shot here.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.