A stack of '90s breakbeats. From all over the map, all mashed together.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Eon / Something Stronger (Infinity Mix) 00:00
- Dave Trance / Promise Me (Dave's 3AM Fever Mix) 01:01
- The Future Sound Of London / Expander 03:46
- ILS / Revolver 08:02
- DJ Icey / Don't Stop 12:04
- The Octagon Man / Chocolate Machine 15:20
- Dave Trance / Promise Me (DJ Who's "Don't Promise Me Shit Mix") 18:18
- DJs Friction & Spice / Future Funk 21:57
- Mental Cube / Chile Of The Bass Generation 24:44
- Leftfield . Bambaataa / Afrika Shox (Jedi's Elastic Bass Remix) 27:23
- Meat Beat Manifesto / Spanish Vocoder 30:02
- M5 ft. Brad Raker / Gotta Feeling (Break Mix) 32:04
- Necros / Isotoxin 35:35
- Überzone / Believe 39:25
- Überzone / In Beats 41:05
- The Ultraviolet Catastrophe / Trip Harder 42:22
- The Crystal Method / Now Is The Time (The Olympic Mix) 46:40
- The Future Sound Of London / Papua New Guinea (Monsoon Mix) 52:43
- Kung Fu Jesus / Amen.. & Then Some 56:37
- B Phenix / Tomorrow Lost Yesterday 58:30
What I said about MTT021 holds true for this show as well - this is the kind of mix I used to make in high school, only better. I'm still playing and listening to most of the same tracks from that time period, as demonstrated here. (Crystal Method, FSOL, Überzone, etc.)
There's a lot of FSOL in this. Expander and Papua New Guinea, obviously, but also Chile Of The Bass Generation from the deceptive Earthbeat compilation. And Necros' Isotoxin, which I consider an honorary FSOL track, based on the sound of it. About once a year I try to mix Isotoxin into Expander and each time I re-discover it doesn't work.
Following up on MTT021 again, I did pick up a copy of The Trip (in this case the Remixes 12") for this mix. I don't think I presented it well here - I should have started it from a point further in the track. It's a massive tune regardless.
I'm happy with this. It's been a good week, going through these tracks again.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.