Mostly electro. A few recent purchases, a few old favorites.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Jeff Mills / A Reluctant Compliance 00:00
- Deluge / Metapop (Daniel Zax Remix) 02:55
- Miotek / Future For Machines 06:40
- Subway / Drop 10:25
- Suburban Knight / Collaboration Alpha 14:40
- Fleck E.S.C. / Dead End 17:42
- ITPDWIP / Eto Ya (It's Me) 21:00
- Drøn / Paradroid 24:34
- Igors Vorobjovs / Three Laws Of Robotics (In Circuit Mix) 28:10
- Datawave / Stratoforms 32:04
- Sbles3plex / Alternative 2 36:12
- Sbles3plex / Pmm Pss Tah 38:15
- Krypton 81 / Dobbeltgænger 41:30
- E.R.P. / Sensory Process 45:03
- Drexciya / Birth Of New Life 52:58
- Nei / Gates 58:50
I recently picked up the Sbles3plex album, Máquinas Deseantes; it's incredibly good. A nice range of tracks, very clean sounding. A well-mastered release in general - by which I mean it hasn't been compressed to hell. And it works as an album! The kind you listen to from beginning to end! I rarely enjoy listening to full-album-length Electro or Techno releases that way.
Both Drop by Subway and Collaboration Alpha by Suburban Knight are tracks that I've been playing for years. Usually in the same set. Drop was an odd used bin find, an electro-ish track from what I assume are House producers. Suburban Knight is, well, he's awesome. My Sol Dark Direction is indispensable.
The end of this mix is maybe a bit lazy, letting a couple of long tracks play from beginning to end (more or less), but they deserve to be heard in full. Sensory Process by E.R.P. is a monster. High drama. Megaphysics would call it "moody". Same with Birth Of New Life by Drexciya, slotted in here to bring things down a bit. The mix doesn't really work, but that's OK.
I did not realize it was Friday the 13th until half an hour before this was recorded. Some of the later selections (particularly Dobbeltgænger) may have been influenced by that discovery...