An hour of techno & electro, messily mixed.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Brk / I 00:00
- Brk / II 01:00
- Dark Matrix / Untitled [LSF007 A1] 04:08
- Kenny Larkin / Nocturnal 08:56
- UR / Biosensors In Tunnel Complex Africa 11:47
- Joey Beltram / The Vertical 15:58
- XY0815 / Tool Matter 21:55
- Lerosa / Regret 24:57
- Dark Matrix / Untitled [LSF007 A3] 28:46
- Dan White / Buckley's Escape 32:53
- Transllusion / Memories Of Me 35:19
- Kan3da / Lost Gem 38:10
- Drexciya / Andreaen Sand Dunes 40:58
- =UHU= / Contact Binary Aureole 45:39
- =UHU= / NGC 001 48:18
- Spin Fidelity / We Dig Deeper 50:43
- Dynarec / Historic Exhale 53:40
- Le Car / Cinematic-Automatic (Heinrich Muller Remix) 58:26
The goal this week was to play Andreaen Sand Dunes by Drexciya. The rest of the tracks were arranged with that in mind. Andreaen is an amazing song, probably my favorite of Drexciya's work. I picked up my copy new(ish) at Platinum Records in Portland; last I checked (a year or so ago), they still had one copy for sale.
A couple other favorites snuck in during the selection process. Most important, and the one I'd like to highlight, is The Vertical by Joey Beltram. By far my favorite track by Beltram. Also some of my favorite drum machine programming. I don't often like the 909, but I love it in The Vertical. The album I have it on - the 2xCD Ghost In The Shell PSX Soundtrack - deserves an entire post (and mix) to itself, so look out for that in the future.
And that's it. Now to write up a reminder sheet so I'll remember what to say during the intro...
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.