A grab bag of slow(ish) ambient, IDM, and downtempo. Something like that.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 1) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Caustic Window / 101 Rainbows (Ambient Mix)
- Solo / Orbiting Saturn
- Higher Intelligence Agency / Elapse
- Aphex Twin / We Are The Music Makers
- Ian O'Brien / Eurydice
- Basehead / Earthrise
- User48736353001 / 20 Pink Floyd
- Push Button Objects / The Hamocks
- Voigt Kampff / Plonk (Son Of Dump)
- RAC / Scuba
- Ghostwerk / Steady Creep
- Brothomstates / Adozenaday
- Meek / Beige (RMX)
- Wayne & Nick / Beige Beige Beige
- Wayne & Nick / Beige (Ghostwerk Remix)
- Brothomstates / Dekc
- User48736353001 / 5 Scorrier
So there are a few different things going on in this mix. Old British IDM - RDJ, Skam, and Warp Records. Some tracker mods - Orbiting Saturn, Earthrise, and three versions of Beige. (Probably also Steady Creep). Then a few odd pieces - a great downtempo tune by Ian O'Brien from his album Desert Scores, and the first track from HIA's incredible Freefloater.
But that's just a list. The real stars here, as far as I'm concerned, are the two tracks by Lassi Nikko (AKA Brothomstates, AKA Dune). I have Adozenaday on a compilation (Traffic II on Combination Records), and have been playing it for years at the arcade. Dekc is from the (free!) release Kobn-Tich-Ey. It's easily one of my favorite songs. The whole album is good, so go download it.