Slow dubby stuff to end this November. Techno, downtempo, ambient, a little proper dub, all at roughly half the tempo of last week's show. Three relatively new tracks from Modern Hypnosis and one from Scale Limited feature here, plus a bunch of old favorites.
- Ian o'Brien / Eden 00:00
- Deluge / Metapop (Tlon Remake) 04:05
- Mike Schommer ft. Milly James / Breathe 08:02
- Pugilist & Another Channel / Seek Truth 11:33
- Burnt Friedman & The Nu Dub Players / Hohoura Heads Far North 14:35
- Future Sound Of London / Smokin' Japanese Babe 17:22
- Visonia et Dopplereffekt / Die Reisen 21:12
- DJ Wally / At War 25:04
- Shackleton / In The Void 29:00
- Akcept / Exhaust 32:09
- 2562 / The Times 35:43
- Kuedo / Memory Rain 39:50
- Subaeris / Together In The Big City 42:40
- Lake Haze / Water Reflection (Intro) 45:20
- Akcept / Teachings 48:07
- Bandulu / Run Run 52:12
- t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 / 二 56:54
- Audiokonstrukte / Some Miles 60:12
Track #4 Seek Truth by Pugilist & Another Channel, #10 Exhaust by Akcept, and #15 Teachings also by Akcept are all from Modern Hypnosis records. I don't often get down to ~60 (or ~120 with the snare on 3 if you prefer) so I've been sitting on these a while. Heavy dub electronics, really good stuff.
Track #3 Breathe by Mike Schommer & Milly James from their Coming Home EP is one of the big pieces of this mix, one of the tracks that inspired this selection. I picked it up in May and have returned to it often, whenever I needed to feel calm, anchored. Be sure to check out that EP as the whole thing is excellent.
The other big piece (in my mind anyway) is #16 Run Run by Bandulu from their old album Antimatters on Infonet. I'm pretty sure I learned of Infonet through Andrea Parker's old DJ Kicks mix; I've been looking for their releases (mostly without success) ever since. Antimatters in particular is special to me, I think of it as a kind of possible evolution of dub techno, evidence of an alternate reality where heavy guitar-like sine basses are more common than the Basic Channel sound.
Anyway, it's getting late, and I've rambled enough. I'll be back next week Thursday with another mix, the first of December. Something fast, something cold.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.