Electro, IDM, techno-ish selections this week. A mess of a tracklist, but the tunes are all good. This hour features new tracks from Apologist's album Air Foundry on Frequency Domain and ΠΕΡΑ ΣΤΑ ΟΡΗ's new EP IMMI on Musar Recordings.
- Myoptik / New Life 00:00
- Apologist / Signals 02:23
- Volum / Forced States Of Matter 07:40
- Biepang / Bleak Leisure 11:08
- Mitch Murder / Bertone's Theme 14:49
- üNN / Reality 17:29
- Silicon Scally / Rendered 21:20
- User18081971 / Bimbongo 25:34
- Intelligent Communication / Open Loop 27:48
- dbacon / Just Hold On 31:17
- Delta Funktionen / Moonstone Road 34:55
- Drexciya / Surface Terrestrial Colonization 39:37
- E.R.P. / Gallup String 45:30
- M_Step / Atarv5 49:00
- ΠΕΡΑ ΣΤΑ ΟΡΗ / BOUNCING/LASSITUDE 52:59
- T.Power / Complexification 56:03
- Bola / Serge2 (Octagon) 61:55
The first two tracks in this mix - New Life by Myoptik and Signals by Apologist - are both from the UK label Frequency Domain. Both are from terrific albums, the former a varied ambient split between Matt Whitehead and Myoptik, the latter a new dubby electronic eight-tracker from Apologist. I highly recommend both.
ΠΕΡΑ ΣΤΑ ΟΡΗ's odd track BOUNCING/LASSITUDE is from their recent IMMI EP on Musar. A cryptic, menacing, weird EP; I like it a lot. And it sets up a slightly awkward but cool transition into T.Power's Complexification.
Track 10 Just Hold On by dbacon (AKA Being AKA The Wee DJs) is also new. It's from Half-arsed Cupboard Jams, a collection of sweet lo-fi-ish electro and techno sketches from Mr. Bacon's studio. If Just Hold On (and Aches) is what comes out of your cupboard then I love it too.
I got a little bit carried away at the end of this one and ran long; I really wanted to hear Complexification (and Bola's Serge2). I hope nobody minds. Anyway I'll be back next week with another upload on Thursday, my customary end-of-month slow set.