A similar selection to last week's breaks, electro, and techno, though this time at 130. I pulled a bunch of old vinyl (and vinyl recordings) for this mix, longtime favorites.
This mix is no longer available for download from this website. It is however available at mixcloud.
- Lone Shark / Float 6.3 00:00
- Shanti Celeste / Universal Glow 04:22
- Intelligent Communication / Drive 08:36
- The Martian / Starchild 12:57
- Lone / Oedo 808 16:41
- Axiom 23 / Vapour Drive 21:09
- Ke Thu / Is Separated From Itself 24:07
- NULLPTR / Hakusan 27:51
- DJ T-1000 / Outer Drive 31:19
- Overmono / Yell0w_Tail 35:02
- Subway / Drop 38:46
- Absolute Fiction / Revolve 42:37
- Intelligent Concept / Bass Mechanic 46:04
- Dynamik Bass System / Frequencies 50:22
- Dagobert / Activity 54:47
- Ramone / Breakerz Revenge 57:36
The first of two releases I'd like to highlight is the 1991 Principles Of Motion EP by Intelligent Communication (AKA The Future Sound Of London). Drive is the track from it played here, a super lush bleeps-and-breaks tune, my favorite from the EP. FSOL put out a Drive remix EP in 2015 which I also like a lot and recommend.
The second release highlight is the 2x12" EP Just Get On Down by Intelligent Concept, released in 1998 on Germany's Over-X-Posure records. I love this record and have played it at the arcade for years, all four tracks on it are great. The tough 303-driven Bass Mechanic is the pick for this mix, the last track on the EP. I've been meaning to write an article about Just Get On Down; maybe I'll get to that soon.
Actually a lot of these selections are things I've had for a long time: DBS's Arabian Dreams EP, Dagobert's Ready To Rock, The Martian's Ghostdancer, Drop by Subway. In the interest of getting this uploaded tonight I'll stop talking here, though.
I'll be back next week Thursday with another upload as usual, something slower (also as usual).