120 BPM ambient, breakbeat, and electro music. I'm a bit out of ideas so most of this is repeats, favorites from the last few years of this mix series.
- STΛQQ ƟVERFLƟ / Synthetic (Pines) 00:00
- Autopilot / World Receiver 02:40
- Il.Ek.Tro / World Of Wire 06:55
- Holger Flinsch / Tenpres 10:23
- Dark Vektor / Com Ets Tu 14:06
- L'Automat / Work 2 18:20
- The Green Man / Deep Below 22:04
- Mrs Jynx / Kiss Behind The Ear 23:40
- Model 500 / The Passage 27:11
- ΠΕΡΑ ΣΤΑ ΟΡΗ / Passive Concealment 32:20
- Scape One / Internal Symmetry 35:57
- Ivna Ji / Maar 40:13
- Sbles3plex / Mathematic Universe 43:09
- Versalife / Manipulated Matter 47:22
- Supreems / When Two Souls Reach 51:24
- Matt Whitehead / Home To Glory 55:47
- Galaxy Toobin' / Friday Afternoon Toobin' 58:42
Three tracks from Brokntoys feature in this mix: #6 Work 2 by L'Automat, #10 Passive Concealment by ΠΕΡΑ ΣΤΑ ΟΡΗ, and #14 Manipulated Matter by Versalife. Both Work 2 and Passive Concealment are new - 2020 and 2021, respectively. I particularly like the Cold Readings EP that Passive Concealment is from, a lot of variety in those 5 tracks.
Mrs Jynx's Kiss Behind The Ear is from her 2012 Atlanta EP, originally released on Complex Sound Sagacity, now also available at her bandcamp (which I've linked to above). I just picked this up and I love it. Bright, bouncy, fun UK electronics. I'll be playing more from it here in the coming months and will try to pick up more of Jynx's work (Planet Mu, Recycled Plastics).
Repeats and favorites. I've played Ivna Ji's Laax EP a lot over the last few years, for myself, at the arcade, and here for this mix series. I love those four tracks to bits and have been meaning to write an article on it. One more: the Close Your Eyes (And Feel) EP by Supreems, another I'm always looking for reasons to play. Four tracks again, bright and moody, breaks and electro by way of some unknown-to-me house music scene. I gather it's a pretty well-known EP by now, but I still can't get enough of it.
And that's my time this week. I'll be back on the 25th with another end-of-month "slow" set, the last installment of MTT Year 4. March will mark the beginning of year 5.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.