Electro, sometimes smooth, sometimes noisy, leaning into IDM territory near the end. A similar selection to last week's program (I guess I wasn't done with that particular mood yet).
This mix is no longer available for download from this website. It is however available at mixcloud.
- Dr. Lovelock / Protobiont 00:00
- Andrea Parker / Angular Art 02:53
- Shadowbunny / Hidden Temple 05:58
- Silicon Scally / Default 09:42
- Versalife / Raptures Of The Deep 12:06
- Zyntax / New World Order III 16:06
- Uniflux / Broken Wave Encoder 19:34
- Vertical67 / Black Water 22:30
- Sigma Algebra / Funaphy 27:18
- M_Step / Xylograph 33:02
- Trichome / Seraphimzt 37:34
- Annechoic / Ba 41:50
- Umwelt / Mogul Project 44:54
- Datacrashrobot / MMIC 48:46
- Ben Milstein / Felonius Crunk 51:30
- Haujobb / Solid State Logic 54:42
- Noise Unit / Dismembered Quietly 59:08
More Brokntoys (track 8 Black Water by Vertical67 and track 12 Ba by Annechoic), two from Black Montanas (track 1 Protobiont by Dr. Lovelock AKA Hadamard and track 7 Broken Wave Encoder by Uniflux), and two from TRUST (track 5 Raptures Of The Deep by Versalife and track 10 Xylograph by M_Step).
Vertical67's Black Water is from a recent series of self-titled 7"es on Brokntoys, all sort-of experimental, all very cool. I'll be playing more from that series in upcoming sets, so keep an eye (ear?) out.
A couple things about Ben Milstein's Felonius Crunk: one, it's playing at -6% here to fit with the tempo of this mix, and two I wouldn't be surprised if I've misidentified where the downbeat is. It's a difficult track to figure out. I'm a fan of Milstein but I rarely play his music in sets. His work is pretty abstract, dark, noisy. It's worth saying too that he's terrific live, don't miss a chance to see him perform.
Felonius Crunk leads into Solid State Logic by Haujobb from their 1995 album Freeze Frame Reality. Kind of a stretch as a mix, but it's my habit to go out on a big track, and I really wanted to hear it.
And that's that. I'll be back next week with another upload on Thursday evening PDT. I think I'll play a little industrial next, it feels like a good time. (My industrial collection is pretty limited, so don't expect anything too fancy).
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.