Bass month continues. Electro and Detroit technobass at 140. Features new tracks by Client_03, Cyan85, Grammar Of Movement, Sepehr, and Turk Turkelton. (Well, new tracks by my standards).
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix. This mix is also available at mixcloud.
This post wast updated on 2020/10/12.
- Insync vs. Mysteron² / Human Loop 00:00
- Cyan85 / Drama Bass 04:03
- Autobot-1000 vs. DJ Di'jital / Bass Programmer 06:21
- D.I.E. / Detroit Technobass 11:37
- EDMX / Do You Wanna? (Instrumental) 14:24
- Grammar Of Movement / Plastic Games 16:56
- Audiotech / Techno City '95 20:09
- Drop Man / Basstronic 23:23
- UR / Subsonic Shadow 25:41
- The Dexorcist / Connect One 29:36
- Keith Tucker / Oscillator (Bonus Beats) 34:11
- Digitek / Nymphomaniac 37:23
- Aux 88 / Alien Life Form 41:30
- Turk Turkelton / Bass Freak 44:15
- Client_03 / Thought Disposal 47:27
- Exzakt / Transfusion (Dexorcist Remix) 51:07
- Sepehr / Cybernetic 55:55
The first release I'd like to highlight is Autobot-1000 & DJ Di'jital's Bass Programmer EP, first released on Twilight 76 in 2002, and available now from Di'jital's bandcamp page. I picked this up recently and it's terrific. Bass Programmer is a legit technobass anthem; the original mix, played here, is smooth, where Di'jital's mix is rougher and tougher. The other two tracks both sound Kraftwerk-y to me, and are very strong. (Atomic belongs on Radioactivity, Input/Output belongs on Computer World). This is a really great EP, so go check it out.
My second highlight this week is Habibi Bass by Cyan85 & Turk Turkelton on Lunar Orbiter Program, released at the end of 2019. Tracks 2 Drama Bass and 14 Bass Freak in this mix are both off Habibi Bass. It's another strong four-tracker, highly recommended. (I particularly like N.I.T.N.T. by Turk Turkelton).
All of these tracks are good, of course, but I've delayed writing this long enough and feel the need to stop here. I'll be back next week at the same time and place with ~70 BPM bass music, mostly dubstep. It feels right to halve the tempo to close out the month.