Summer electro at ~126. West coast, east coast, Detroit, Germany, and a whole pile of Miami bass.
This mix is no longer available for download from this website. It is however available at mixcloud.
- Industrial Bass Machine / Prepare For Invasion 00:00
- Eurobass Express / Bass In Your Face (Quad Attack Dub) 01:03
- Aux 88 / Sonic Boom 04:32
- Breezy Beat MC / Shake The Joint 07:35
- Bass 305 / Ultimate Bass Challenge (Mega Low Speaker Annihilation) 10:59
- Beat Dominator / Feel The Music 13:00
- Bass Master A.C.E / Totally Bass 16:44
- Dynamix 2 ft. Kidd Money / Feel The Bass 19:28
- MC ADE / Bass Mechanic 22:26
- Iceman Ja / Dance Transformers 25:41
- Dynamix II / Bass Generator 30:36
- Afro-Rican / Give It All You Got (Instrumental) 35:29
- The Get Funky Crew / Shake Them Titties (Titty Beats) 37:21
- Old School Players / 120 BPM 38:22
- Supreme.ja & Debonaire / Battle Droid (Bonus Beatz) 40:31
- Michna / Quadruple Gold Dipped 44:29
- Keisha Boom / Just Dance (Cameron Paul Remix) 47:08
- The Unknown DJ / Break Down (Dance Your Pants Off) (Wicked Mix) 50:39
- Maggotron / The Bass That Ate Miami (Soundchasers & Hydraulix Remix) 53:09
- Danny D & DJ Wiz / Get On Up And Dance (Wicked Mix) 56:52
Most of these are tracks played before on this radio show, and tracks I've been playing for years in general. Longtime favorites of mine. These selections aren't all strictly from Florida, so this is more of a mood, a bass attitude.
I do want to draw attention to one record, though, and that's Miami Bass Classics 5 on Wicked Mix, where the special mixes of tracks 18 and 20 come from. It's a remix service record that I picked up at Platinum Records some time in the early 2000s. As it says on the label: "DJ USE ONLY, NOT FOR PUBLIC DISPLAY OR COMMERCIAL USE". The mixes all work to make the tracks sound much more west-coast to me, breaks and electro by way of California. (Even the Unknown DJ track sounds somehow more west-coast). I like it; I like these versions more now than when I first bought the record.
I'll be back next week with more bass and some of my favorite 2000s Florida electro records. Faster and tougher than the music in this hour. Will try to be less lethargic on the mic, and will also try to leave myself enough time to read the tracklist in full. The usual time and place, live on aNONradio Thursday night PDT (Friday morning UTC).
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.