Electro and breaks at ~130, a bit more relaxed than recent weeks.
This mix is no longer available for download from this website. It is however available at mixcloud.
- Scape One / Cinematic 00:00
- Gliese / Lost Civilization 04:31
- Grammar Of Movement / Sad Juno 09:24
- Shadowbunny / Earthtone 14:03
- Utopia Cloak / Channel 16:58
- Clive Kells / Stimpack (Edit) 19:54
- The Darkvoid Project / Cloudshaping 22:37
- Microthol / Fragile 27:19
- Silicon Scally / Clone Alone 30:32
- Permutation / Evolution 34:30
- ADJ / Electric 38:23
- Ion Driver / bbRobot 42:31
- The Bokanovsky Process / My Electroc!d (Miotek Remix) 45:15
- Dusko Janevski / Torus 49:26
- D.I.E. / Keep Hanging 53:40
- Model 500 / The Messenger 57:34
First off, apologies to Ion Driver for getting your name wrong when reading the tracklist out loud. I slipped up and said Ion Robot instead. Sorry about that. bbRobot is from 33, one of two releases Ion Driver has on Digital Distortions. Both those are worth checking out, and both are currently listed name-your-price.
The second thing I'd like to call attention to is the Many Worlds EP by Permutation. It's a sweet combination of electro, IDM, and techno; very smooth. Memories Of The Future is my favorite from the release, though Evolution is the one that made it into this mix. Shoutout and thanks to Dmitry of Permutation for getting in touch.
And last I'll highlight Keep Hanging by D.I.E. (AKA Detroit In Effect) from The Men You'll Never See Pt2 on Clone (and reissued on Clone West Coast Series in 2018). The reissue replaces Space Travel with Programming, a fair trade. I've had Keep Hanging on my mind lately; this felt like a good time to play it. If you feel yourself slipping, tie a knot, and don't let go.
I'll return next week with something slower (repeating my usual pattern of reducing tempo week to week throughout the month). It's been a while since I've played a chunk of '80s electro, so maybe I'll do that.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.