Fast electro and IDM to start November.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated 2020/10/18.
- John Beltran / Flex 00:00
- Lowfish / Krak 01:13
- Scape One / Simulacra 03:41
- Contactless / Static 07:25
- A.W.E.S.O.M.-O. / Track Down The Shot 10:12
- Datawave / Scanshift 13:55
- Mandroid / Machine Made 17:02
- Paul Blackford / Mirage 19:37
- Varum / Crew 22:48
- False Persona / Orbit 25:04
- J. Shaw / Unusual Experiments 28:26
- Voigt Kampff / Skinny Cap 30:40
- Objekt / Ganzfeld 34:22
- Autechre / Second Scepe 38:34
- XY0815 / 707xYuy 43:36
- R21 / Lightspace 47:00
- Orbital / Dŵr Budr 50:17
- Bedouin Ascent / Crouched On Broken Glass 57:31
Track #6 Scanshift by Datawave, #8 Mirage by Paul Blackford, and #9 Crew by Varum are all from the Phalanx Pt. 2 compilation on the new Typeless Records label. Fast, driving electro. Phalanx Pt. 1 and Aloka's Concave + Convex are also good, so check those out too. The label is three for three, as far as I'm concerned.
Scape One's Simulacra sounds to me like a harder version of his track The Penultimate Truth. Looking at release dates on discogs it appears Simulacra came first. In any case, both are great, and both are available on his mega-compilation 4u4 (which also includes the excellent Galaxy Of Funk and Shockwave Rider EPs).
The last 20 minutes of this mix is mostly old '90s favorites. Autechre's Second Scepe, Orbital's Dŵr Budr, and Crouched On Broken Glass by Bedouin Ascent. Dŵr Budr in particular is amazing. It'd be hard to pick my top 10 albums, but In Sides would be there for sure.
And that's it for this week. I'll program something slower next time.