Noisy electro, chunky EBM, new beat, and moody synthpop this week.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/16.
- Automat / Danse3 00:00
- Mas 2008 / Breakout 01:19
- The Wee DJs / 080 04:09
- Kill Memory Crash / SP-Fluid 06:03
- The Octagon Man / Area-18 09:29
- Cyberaktif / The Road Kill 12:01
- A Split Second / Colonial Discharge 14:31
- Nitzer Ebb / Blood Money 17:36
- Clock DVA / Sound Mirror 21:46
- Cabaret Voltaire / 24-24 23:47
- Twilight Ritual / Closed Circuit 26:38
- Unit Black Flight / No Turning Back 30:24
- The Soft Moon / Black 32:40
- Luke Eargoggle & The Hacker / Body 36:01
- Corruption House / Jump (Special Mix) 41:11
- Typis Belgis / Aimless 44:54
- Gamma Intel / Power Plant Tales 47:27
- Exhausted Modern / Absence Of Divine Principle 51:15
- The Cure / The Holy Hour (KöSHRiMP Remake) 55:24
- Trisomie 21 / La Fête Triste 57:19
This hour features four new (well, new-to-me) tracks from the excellent Brokntoys label. #1 Danse3 by Automat, #14 Body by Luke Eargoggle & The Hacker, #17 Power Plant Tales by Gamma Intel, and #18 Absence Of Divine Principle by Exhausted Modern to be specific. I recommend all of those releases, and the Brokntoys catalog in general.
There are some fun oddities in this mix. Octagon Man's Area-18, on the old Electron Industries label, for example. (Purchased at the old Anthem Records, I believe). Also Twilight Ritual's Closed Circuit, played here from the 2005 Rituals CD release. ("Brussels is a very Kafka city").
No real complaints with this mix. There's a tiny bit of clashing vocals between 24-24 and Closed Circuit, but that's it. I've got no idea what I'll do next week - either more EBM and new beat, or a spooky ambient show. We'll see which way the wind blows.