Dub techno, electro, future garage. Wandering through a few different styles in this show.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Andreas Tilliander / Folded Lines 00:00
- T++ / Aquatic 01:10
- Sustainer / Monocromo_B 05:42
- Brother Blue / Automatic Writing (Version) 09:09
- DRXT / Untitled [Dub Techno 180427 4] 12:18
- Convextion / Untitled [MATRIX1 A1] 15:42
- Monolake / Invisible 21:01
- Hadamard / Currents (Arctic) 24:12
- Ectomorph / Subversion (Dub) 28:50
- Morphology / Dark Flow 31:39
- Novamen / Dreaming Of 35:34
- Ghostek / Night & Low Light 38:51
- Hajimari / Diminished 42:13
- Pangaea / Router 44:37
- Scuba / Negative 49:06
- Hajimari / Finally Free 54:13
- Manu Shrine / Sediment 56:36
This is a mix in three segments. T++ (AKA Torsten Pröfrock)'s track Aquatic starts things off with a rainy mood; that's my favorite from the first 20 minutes. Hadamard's Currents (Arctic) is my pick from the second segment, from his relatively recent Flux EP. From the last six tracks, I'll highlight Scuba's Negative for its clear dub-techno sound.
I enjoy UK garage (2-step, and the styles it has influenced), but my knowledge and selection is limited. The Burial-like strain of future garage is particularly cool, represented here by Ghostek, Hajimari, and Manu Shrine. I'm glad to have run back about 20 minutes of it this week.
This one's pretty good. Good enough, anyway. Shoutout and thanks to DRXT for the sweet dub techno track; see you down at the arcade soon, friend.