'90s breakbeat and big beat this week.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 1) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- DJ Mink / Hey! Hey! Can U Relate? (Mix 1)
- DJ Food / Mella (The Herbaliser Drive Faster Mix)
- Meat Beat Manifesto / I Got The Fear (Part 5)
- Nation 12 / Listen To The Drummer
- Chemical Brothers / Three Little Birdies Down Beats
- Lionrock / Packet of Peace (Chemical Brothers Remix)
- Central Fire / This Is A Shout Going Out (Into The Future)
- Central Fire / Central Fire (Yes People It's Time Pt. 2)
- R-Damski / Dark Movement
- MZ-Allstars / Dope Jam
- Burrito Boys / Untitled [AT04 A2]
- Expansion Union / World Wide Funk
- Electroliners / Loose Caboose (Bassbin Twins Mix)
- Meat Beat Manifesto / It's The Music (Mix 2000)
This is, in many ways, a better version of the mixes I used to make when I was in high school. That Lionrock 12" is probably one of the first records I bought at a "real" record store - Platinum Records in downtown Portland, I think.
The stars here are the two Twitch Recordings releases - This Is A Shout Going Out by Central Fire and Loose Caboose by the Electroliners. Old west coast breakbeat classics that stand the test of time. The first Twitch Recordings release is good, too: The Trip by The Ultraviolet Catastrophe, which The Chemical Brothers used to play in their DJ mixes. Sadly I don't have that one, or it would've made it into this mix.
Listening to these records has made me want to go digging out in the city again. Hours spent flipping through dusty bins looking for old breakbeat and electro. Good times.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.