It's August again and that means time for bass. This week's selection is a mixture of electro bass, miami bass, and techno bass. This hour features new(ish) music from Bassbin Twins, Gucci Bass, JimiTheGenius & Merlyn, and Techmaster P.E.B. .
- DJ Technician / Intro 00:00
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Machines 2020 01:24
- Bass Junkie & Debonaire / BassLab 05:02
- Drop Man / Drop Zone 08:28
- Aux 88 / Time Space 11:39
- Exzakt / Off Course 15:33
- Bassbin Twins / Frame 5: 808 19:14
- AS1 / Silent Target 20:41
- Drop Man / Techno Bass II 24:01
- Gucci Bass / Boogie Down 26:33
- Industrial Bass Machine / Artificial Intelligence 1991 31:07
- Eggfooyoung / Bass 2 Large 33:33
- Dynamix II / 1,000,000 Mhz 36:02
- Cybernet Systems / We Are Borg (DMX Krew's Bonus Borg Edit) 39:46
- JimiTheGenius & Merlyn / Just Listen 43:01
- Supreme.ja / The Darkside (Exzakt Bonus Beat) 46:31
- T.E.S.T. / Dark Matter 49:17
- Sbles3plex / The Virtual Place Is The Future (Xerodefx Remix) 53:19
- Novamen / There's No Escaping 57:21
- Excel / Don't Stop Now 61:46
The new (2018 and later) tracks in this mix are #2 Machines 2020 by Techmaster P.E.B., #7 Frame 5: 808 by the Bassbin Twins, #10 Boogie Down by Gucci Bass, and #15 Just Listen by JimiTheGenius & Merlyn on KUAD Recordings. Techmaster P.E.B. released an album last year called Subharmonix; I somehow missed it in the confusion of 2020. I haven't had time to listen to it closely but it seems good, bass in the classic smooth Techmaster P.E.B. style. Give it a listen if you like dreamy pads and deep sub-bass.
Three Phil Klein-related projects appear in this hour: Bass Junkie (his solo alias), Cybernet Systems (another solo alias), and Industrial Bass Machine (his project with Scott Weiser). Tracks #3 BassLab (with Debonaire), #14 We Are Borg (remixed by DMX Krew), and #11 Artificial Intelligencei 1991 respectively. I've got a couple of old Bass Junkie records but the tracks played here are from CD or digital download.
I really wish the Exceleration catalog was available digitally. Those are some of my absolute favorite bass records, particularly the two T.E.S.T. records (XCL005 and XCL007). I think Exzakt's tracks from Exceleration are available on his bandcamp but the rest seem to be locked away vinyl-only. There are three later T.E.S.T. albums too - Amazing Bass, Break Through, and ElectroPulse - none of which I can find for sale online anymore. That's a shame; those albums are incredible.
And that's all the time I have for writing notes today. A fine set, a couple transitions slipped a bit but that's OK. I'll be back next week Thursday evening with something faster for a change. More bass and electro.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.