Dub Techno and Techno for the start of the fifth year. A couple tracks from Scale Limited, a couple from From 0-1, some old Thinner, and a little Basic Channel.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download this mix. This mix is also available at mixcloud.
- Ke Thu / u1 00:00
- Ohrwert / Blavus (grad_u Remix) 04:10
- Axs / Milieu Interieur 08:51
- Basic Channel / Phylyps Trak II I 11:00
- Ben Businovski / Internal Escape 14:58
- T++ / Storm 18:55
- Surphase & Rktic / Sudschleuse 22:47
- Permutation / Odyssey 26:27
- Cabaret Voltaire / Neuron Factory 30:56
- Suburban Knight / Niagra Falls 33:30
- Phoboz / Mintaka 38:29
- Sone / Broken Axis (A. Trebor Remix) 40:55
- Inigo Kennedy / Caverns 43:21
- Rove Ranger / Geometric Series 47:58
- Damon Wild & Echoplex / Infinite Sustain 50:42
- JX-216 / Shaping Shadows 53:39
- Legowelt / Side by Side We Ride Against The Hordes of EDM 57:46
The first two tracks in this mix are from grad_u's Greyscale label, part of the Scale Limited group. I picked up a couple of Greyscale releases a few days ago as my dub techno purchase this year. Ke Thu's quick ambient techno track is from their distant, thoughtful Formed Together EP. The second track is from Ohrwert's Fidelis, Blavus EP, a more accessible and traditional dub techno cut, here inelegantly combined with Axs's Milieu Interieur from their Rosewood Secrets album. I like the deeper and dub-ier selections on Grey- and Redscale and will be paying closer attention to them.
Track 12 Broken Axis (A. Trebor Remix) by Sone and track 16 Shaping Shadows by JX-216 are both from the excellent Seattle techno label From 0-1. Shaping Shadows is from a particularly good release, the Life Under Lockdown EP, four tracks of (I believe I'm using this term correctly) wicked techno. Check out that EP for the serious business. Putting Legowelt's Side by Side We Ride... into Shaping Shadows doesn't really work, but I wanted to hear it. (And maybe I wanted to say the title out loud too).
This was super fun to mix even if the end result doesn't hold together very well. Levels are a bit different this time too; this was recorded with a new audio interface. Anyway, I'll be back next week with more dub techno and other four-on-the-floor stuff, uploaded at my usual time, Thursday evening.