Disco, techno, electro. Some jams this week.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 1) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Bangkok Impact / Crowdpleaser
- Orgue Electronique ft. Luke Eargoggle / Den Bosch
- Kitbuilders / Give It To Me
- Legowelt / Conquestadores Extraterrestriales (Remix)
- Gosub / Strange City
- Japanese Telecom / Virtual Origami 2
- Blackploid / Photographic Photogenic
- Japanese Telecom / Character Maps (Perspects Remix)
- Raiders of the Lost Arp / Workflow
- Cybotron / Alleys Of Your Mind
- A Number Of Names / Sharevari (Vocal)
- Ectomorph / Lost Angles (Manyangles Version)
- Perspects / They Keep Dancing (Instrumental)
- Gino Soccio / Remember (VICTIM OF CHANGE edit)
- Telex / Moskow Diskow (Original French Version)
- Private Lives / Private Life (Extended Mix)
- Solvent / My Radio
- Bangkok Impact / Traveller (Part 2)
The Strange City - Virtual Origami 2 - Photographic Photogenic segment is a neat little Gerald Donald-ian diversion in the middle of this mix. It's pointed out on the discogs page for Blackploid's Inhaltsverzeichnis EP that Photographic Photogenic sounds a lot like Virtual Origami 2; the commenter was right, and it makes for a nice (and very quick) little mix.
All of the old "real" disco tracks included here (Remember, Moskow Diskow, arguably Sharevari) are unauthorized bootlegs. It still surprises me that something so difficult to manufacture as vinyl gets bootlegged that way.
Private Life is one that made it into the shops when I was actively buying records in ~2007. It's one of my favorites. Private Lives, the artist, turns out to be Cylob & Ed DMX. (According to discogs, anyway).
Finally, My Radio by Solvent. From the second of the three Disco Nouveau records, which I've mentioned before. I'll say again: that compilation is extremely good. This mix includes two other tracks from it, Lost Angles and They Keep Dancing. But My Radio takes the prize. A song of loss and disappointment direct at a radio. Look up the lyrics!