Ambient & chunky downtempo for #261 the last episode of MTT Year 5. Slow, easy. Most of this is many years old, with one exception: a track by Lindsheaven Virtual Plaza & SkyTwoHigh from last year.
MTT will resume with no break at the usual time next week with #262, the first episode of year 6.
- Rising Sun Systems / Croissant With Stravinsky 00:00
- Nightmares On Wax / Argha Noah 04:22
- Midwest Product / A Genuine Display (Telefon Tel Aviv Remix) 09:14
- Eliot Lipp / Next Beat 12:11
- Coldcut / Sign 15:21
- Nagz / Writhing 19:44
- Dagobert ft. DJ Crest & Köppe / Have A Nice Trip 24:30
- Drome / Hinterland, Kassler Kessel 29:23
- Earthling / Nothingness 35:23
- Future Sound Of London / Quagmire, In A State Of Permanent Abyss 38:33
- Quantum Leap / Sofa Music 40:37
- The Volt Per Octaves / Intuition 45:25
- XY0815 / Hz52BChromblond 49:49
- Lindsheaven Virtual Plaza & SkyTwoHigh / Rio City Blues 51:53
- Anthony Rother / Magic Diner Part 8 57:19
By my count three tracks from the last decade appear in this mix: #1 Croissant With Stravinsky by Rising Sun Systems (AKA Legowelt), #13 Hz52BChromblond by XY0815, and #14 Rio City Blues by Lindsheaven Virtual Plaza & SkyTwoHigh. All three from great, varied, and very different albums, all of which I recommend.
It's hard to pick one (or even a few) things to highlight here. A lot of this selection is strange in some way and/or noteworthy to me. A Coldcut album full of allegedly uncleared samples, an old .xm by Nagz, a downtempo tune by Dagobert from his second album, two minutes from FSOL's album Dead Cities, a song by The Volt Per Octaves, an ambient piece by Anthony Rother, and so on. This is the sort of thing you come up with when you've spent way too much time collecting music.
It was unusually difficult to maintain an average volume level among these tracks so this recording may sound more quiet or uneven than normal. The neverending struggle of trying to make songs from three, sometimes four different decades sound like they belong together.
Anyway I'll be back next week Thursday night PST with the first show of MTT Year 6. I have some new(ish) fast electro to play, so that'll probably be the theme. Some techno might sneak in; we'll see how it goes. As always thanks for listening and be sure to check out the (weird) albums linked above.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.