Released 2009. MP3 320kbps, 116MB.
- Unidentified Flying Oscillator
- Space Dimension Controller
- Spanner Cord (Q150 Edit)
- I Made A Funny
- Title Sequence
- Spanner Cord (Monolith Remix)
- Branston Pickle Fit
- Don't Push Him
- Galactic Effector
- 110 Probe-lems
- Galactic Effector (Filaria Remix)
- VCOcation (Boxcutter Remix)
Released 1995, Remastered 2015.
Flac, 24bit, 495MB.
Absolute stone classic.
The Mad Circus EP
- Detroit Grand Pubahs / Sandwiches
- Run Stop Restore / Light My Fire (1999 Future Mix)
- Mas 2008 / Antimaterie Materie
Great track from Mas 2008 on this one.
Released 2008, digital 2014.
- LR 001
- Silicon Romance
- Wire Act
- Counter Surveillance
- Straight Up Cyborg
- Star Chart
- It's All Connected
Source: WéMè Records bandcamp.
Red transparent cassette, 40 minutes. Flac, 210MB.
- Decaying Lament
- Once And For All
- Spiders In My Face
- If These Walls Could Talk
- Breathing Room
- Last Breath
"CEV" is my initials. I've never liked "DJ CEV" as a handle but I used it for over a decade and never came up with anything better so it's stuck now.
Accounts, addresses, where to find me
Here's a list of my various accounts and contact points:
- Bandcamp "fan" account at bandcamp.com/cameronvanderzanden.
- Discord user ID: 590710214207209483 (previously sands#9779).
- Google mail account: email@example.com.
- IRC, Libera chat network irc.libera.chat, nickname cev.
- Librarything user cvanderz.
- Mastodon user @firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mixcloud account at mixcloud.com/djcev/.
- Reddit user u/cnvn.
- Twitch.tv user andreaen.
The fastest way to reach me is by e-mail or IRC. All other services are checked much less frequently.
Past and current shows, gigs, music things
From around 2010 or 2011 through February 2020 I played music at Ground Kontrol with my friend DJ Megaphysics. We played there every last Wednesday until the pandemic hit in 2020. Vinyl at first, then later digital. You can find old tracklists from our shows by browsing the Logical Aggression tag on this website.
About this website
This is a static site compiled by Blogofile. I use html5 semantic elements and CSS for structure and styling, but no client- or server-side scripting.
This site uses a number of free assets & resources found online, including:
- the Inconsolata fixed-width font,
- the Public Sans variable-width font,
- and the background image is an edit of this Retro Floral Wallpaper Pattern by rai-land.
This site is designed to look more-or-less the same in graphical browsers and textmode browsers like Links and Lynx. It's a dense, link-heavy, interconnected mess. I like it this way.
Tracker mods! Plus '90s pop electronic and some electro. Not digging particularly deep into the history of mods here. Really just playing the hits - 2nd_pm, spacedeb.mod, fruitbat. And a lot of Necros. Tracklist of my first set (to the best of my memory) is below.
- Basehead + Lord Pegasus / 2deep
- Necros / Introspection
- Purple Motion / Shadowrun
- Skaven / Data Jack
- Sbassship / Solaris
- Purple Motion / Unreal 2
- Necros / Wired96 Report
- Dust Brothers / My Mercury Mouth
- Captain / Space Debris
- Future Sound of London / Papua New Guinea (Monsoon Mix)
- Clone Theory / Electrollenium
- Orbital / The Girl With The Sun In Her Head (Necros' Shadow Caster mix)
- Mick Rippon + Beek / Sexy Satellite
- Beek + Virt / Fruitbat
- Bass / Dicky.Faty.Loremy
- Lowfish / No Longer Accepting Complaints
- Radix / rymdlego
- Purple Motion / Satellite One
- Lizardking / Bionic.C.Remix
- Imatran Voima / Commando
Sadly, I don't have notes for the second set. It was a bunch of Dune (aka Brothomstates), Mellow-D, Noldus, and a stack of weird records.
Had a great night spinning records at Ground Kontrol this week, so I thought I'd post my tracklists. The lists as presented are my best guess; I wasn't taking notes while playing. Mixing was messy, as always, but fun.
- The Russel Brothers / The Party Scene
- Boards of Canada / Nlogax
- Project Future / Ray-Gun-Omics
- Paul Hardcastle / Sound Chasers
- C.O.D. / In The Bottle
- C.C.C.P. / American Soviets
- Computor Rockers / Tech-No-Rock
- Pretty Tony / Jam The Box
- Cyber-Funk / Computer Power
- Eggfooyoung / Pop and Lock
- Twilight 22 / Electric Kingdom
- Old School Players / Numbers
- Egyptian Lover / Keep It Hot (Re-Mix)
- Professor X / Rekonstruktx
- World-Class Wreckin' Cru / Surgery
- Knightz of Bass / Landed
- Jamie Jupitor / Computer Power
- Professor X / Professor X (Saga)
- Dr. Break / Spinnah (Oldskooler Ruffish Cut)
- Newcleus / Computer Age (Push The Button)
- Exquisite Corpse / Sitting In A Tree (Time Flies)
- Fairmount Squad / Pro One
- UR / Codebreaker
- The Martian / Sunchaser
- Model 500 / The Messenger
- Will Webb / Boomin'
- Model 500 / Control
- Mas 2008 / Being A Number
- Knightz of Bass / Wizzards
- Prime Dominance / Theme of Swift Rock (Sbassship Encryption Mix)
- Newcleus / I'm Not A Robot
- Dagobert / Atmosphere
- Darxid / Flashback
- Electronic Corporation / 1984
2013 marked the fifth year of "Detroit vs. Miami", a little theme night that DJ Popcorn started at Ground Kontrol. To mark the occasion, I set aside a few of my favorite Miami Bass & Florida Electro records and took some pictures.
cuidv2-1001: Various / Cut It Up Def Miami Bass Jams (20th Anniversary)
Dynamix 1+1, Jock D & Jealous J, Cha-os... classic jams.
frj1-006: Various / Florida Electro Artists, volume 2
Resident Alien's "Movement Through Thought" is in the running for my favorite track of all time. I first heard it in Electrokid's "Robot Within" mix back in the early 2000's. Not a fan of the A-side.
I've linked to stores or sound samples when possible, so listen and enjoy. Last but not least, thanks to Popcorn, Megaphysics and DJ 808 for keeping the night going five years in a row.