90 BPM beats and pieces for the end of May. A few long songs, a few short ones.
This mix is no longer available for download from this website. It is however available at mixcloud.
- Tiger / AW 1 00:00
- F.O.T.N. / The Dwelling Of The Day 02:51
- FUSE / New Day 06:50
- DJ Shadow / Lost & Found (S.F.L.) 09:40
- Luke Vibert / Space Race 13:59
- Low Orbit Satellite / High Performance Jets 19:52
- Bjorn Rohde / Drop Into Space 25:45
- Hong Kong Express / Dreaming 27:39
- Salmz / Nibiru Kids 32:11
- The Aesthetics / Abstract Living 36:21
- Legowelt / Your Life Goals Are Slowly Slipping Away 37:44
- Michna / Levitation 40:05
- Higher Intelligence Agency / Skank 44:08
- Telescope ft. Noelle Poeller / Nobile 48:18
- The Crystal Method / High Roller 52:09
- Bola / Zephyr (Pentagon) 56:55
I picked up Low Orbit Satellite's two track Shuttle Dubs release last week and it's been on rotation here since. High Performance Jets, included in this mix, is the longer of the two tracks, and is a cool mixture of space-y dub techno and chunky beats. I really like the combination of elements and variety of tempos that Low Orbit Satellite works with.
Another album I'd like to promote this week is Legowelt's recent Tips For Life. It's represented in this mix through track #11 Your Life Goals Are Slowly Slipping Away, which will probably sound familiar to everybody who caught Legowelt's set for the 2020 IFM Festival over the weekend. Tips For Life is significant to me because it includes Arcade Breeze (Living In The Rain), from Legowelt's first Memphis Rap Mix. I've wanted a copy of that track for a long time, and as a DJ who primarily plays at an arcade in Oregon, the name couldn't be more fitting. Tips is listed as name-your-price, so be sure to check it out.
Other than that, this is a tying-up-loose-ends episode. I've wanted to play both Skank by Higher Intelligence Agency and High Roller by The Crystal Method for years, and this felt like the right moment. I'll be back next week Friday 06:00 UTC on aNONradio to continue my monthly routine with another fast show. (Probably ~135 BPM again).
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.