More fast electro, following from where the curve left off two weeks ago.
This show (like most of MTT Year 3) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Sonar Base / Photon Filters 00:00
- Arp 220 / Meur Maei 03:01
- Alpha 606 / Anarchy In China 06:48
- Dr. Futurist / Salient 10:54
- Boris Divider / Clone Factory 13:14
- Drox / Raw Communication 17:05
- Lowfish / The Freezing 20:53
- Dangerous Frontiers / We Are Invisible 24:20
- Sonar Base / Space Travel 27:22
- Plant43 / Inward Stream 30:44
- Rings Around Saturn / Perfect Crime 36:05
- Photodementia / D's Groove 40:17
- The Beat Club / Lost In Space (Deep Space) 43:17
- Eon / Jackbox 45:47
- J. Shaw / Levels Of Space 48:31
- Scarletron / Decalcomania 52:04
- Radioactiveman vs. Luke Dumbstruck / Acid Shelf 58:02
Two tracks from the excellent Brokntoys label feature in this mix: Arp 220's Meur Maei and Perfect Crime by Rings Around Saturn. Brokntoys has an amazing catalog of acid, electro, IDM, techno, and genuine weirdness up at their bandcamp. I can't recommend them enough; I just picked up their discography for the second time.
The centerpiece of this hour, the song I was building to, is Scarletron's Decalcomania. Scarletron is Carl Finlow (best known as Silicon Scally) and Daz Quayle (head of the SCSI-AV label). Released on Electron Industries in 1996, it's a big record, pretty well-known. The b-side, Cusp Catastrophe, is also excellent.
All of these tracks are good, though the arrangement could be better. I'll be back next week with something slower.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.