Post-dubstep, drum & bass, footwork and a tiny bit of electro this week. Featuring eight tracks from the excellent Cosmic Bridge record label.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Crypticz / Spirit On (For Z) 00:00
- Aether Pilot / Northern Radio Plant 02:47
- Ital Tek / Shinra 05:47
- Om Unit / Angry Buzz 07:59
- Ital Tek / Mega City Industry 11:35
- Kuedo / Onset (Escapism) 15:10
- Kuedo / Reality Drift 17:40
- Boxcutter / Tibetan Metastate 19:46
- Skip Club Orchestra / Sub-Scream 21:40
- Breaka ft. SC / Aromatic Riddim 24:16
- Danny Scrilla & Om Unit / Free Flight 28:26
- Om Unit / Fuzzd An Soup 31:36
- Om Unit ft. DRS / Make Believe 33:57
- Oliver Yorke / Ryoan-Ji 37:28
- Moresounds / Ting N Tings 40:12
- Coco Bryce / 多幸感 43:56
- Sully / Crystal Cuts 48:41
- PFM / Danny's Song 52:15
- Paul Blackford / Jacob's Ladder 55:17
- Skip Club Orchestra / But... 58:38
The obvious highlight here is all the tracks from Om Unit's label Cosmic Bridge - Spirit On, Angry Buzz, Tibetan Metastate, Free Flight, Fuzzd An Soup, Make Believe, Ryoan-Ji, and Ting N Tings. The mixture of 80 BPM dubstep, drum & bass, and footwork promoted by Cosmic Bridge is really exciting to me - a fresh take on a lot of sounds I love.
The two new drum & bass tunes at the end are also worth noting. Coco Bryce's 多幸感 (Euphoria?) is beautifully programmed. Reminds me of Photek's Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu. And Sully's Flock EP is breathtaking, the best new drum & bass I've heard in years. (Well, new-to-me, anyway. The release itself is three years old.)
This show was thrown together in a few hours while exhausted. Given that, it turned out better than I expected. The tracks are good; I hope I didn't spoil them with my inelegant mashing.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.