2000s UK breaks and electro bass. Fast, tough music.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
- Industrial Bass Machine / Prepare For Invasion 00:01
- Dexorcist ft. Krude / Edge City Express 01:15
- Kronos Device / Below The Surface 06:45
- Industrial Bass Machine / Invisible Force 10:05
- Blackmass Plastics / Impure 13:41
- Bomb Dogs / Through The Wires 17:31
- Kansas City Prophets / Ignition 20:54
- Noyeahno / Makin' Me Weird 23:16
- DJ Controlled Weirdness / Bass Sox Express 26:13
- Aaron Spectre / Music Is The Weapon 28:28
- Bomb Dogs / A Touch Of The Old 31:49
- DJ Controlled Weirdness V Dexorcist / The Monsters 36:37
- Radioactive Man vs The Dexorcist / Sector 6 40:02
- Kronos Device / Terminate The Bass 43:59
- Radioactive Man / Manwich 49:41
- Omni Trio / Mainline 51:52
- Tim Wright / Shadow Of The Beast III Opening (Paul Blackford Electro Remix) 56:27
I associate this selection, this sound in general, with Battle Trax and Control Tower. Also Audio Illusion and SMB Records, but none of that made it in (because I don't own any, and couldn't pick any up in time). Also represented are Digital Distortions, Dirty Needles, and Rag & Bone which are (as far as I can tell) labels friendly with the Control Tower / SMB set.
Track 13, listed here as Sector 6 by Radioactive Man & Dexorcist, might not be named correctly. I bought it on beatport, and that's how the track is labeled there. However, if you look up Sector 6 on youtube, you'll find a different track, actually the opposite side of that record. Beatport is often wrong in this way, which is one of the reasons I never link to it. I've credited the track as Sector 6 here because it forms a nice link with last week's mix.
This mix ended up straying from strict UK electro bass. I got into some breaks, even threw in an old Omni Trio hardcore track for fun. It doesn't flow right and some of the mixing is loose, but I'm satisfied. Good enough.
If you've written a response to this post then please let me know the URL:
You can also submit a "comment" webmention by pressing the button below. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear here and a copy of your comment will be stored at commentpara.de.