Dub Techno for overcast, rainy, moody weather.
Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix
from aNONradio's archives.
This show (like most of MTT Year 2) is no longer available for download here. Get in touch with me at the email address listed at the top of this page if you want a copy of it.
This post was updated on 2020/10/05.
- Seal Bient / Runout 02.03 00:00
- Zzzzra / Eau Lourde 04:23
- Zwart Licht Kommando / Natural Ingredients 09:47
- Stereopathy / Sensory Overload 13:26
- Re-Drum / Subaquatic Utopia 19:21
- Seal Bient / Untitled [ML051 03] 24:12
- Zwart Licht Kommando / Blue Mountain Rain 27:21
- Bvdub / Panopticon 30:45
- Deepchord / Spiral 2 35:09
- Textural Being / The Sixth Gap (Reshape #2) 39:33
- Phoboz / Five After Midnight 42:45
- Omar S & Shadow Ray / Oasis Five 46:30
- Legowelt / Dare To Dream 50:21
- Tones On Tail / Rain 57:16
The majority of this mix is selections from netlabels - BIO-MECHANICS, Deepindub, Motorlab, Noxgenus, Recycled Plastics. Dub Techno seems to be a popular style for free netlabels. Thinner immediately comes to mind as a famous example.
I go shopping for Dub Techno a few times a year, surfing from artist to artist or from label to label to find new music. In the last week I picked up a bunch of music from Deepindub, and that led me to Recycled Plastics. There's a lot of good stuff on those two labels; I've only scratched the surface here.
Having said that, Noxgenus18 by Zwart Licht Kommando is the reason this mix happened. Released December 2017, I found it a few weeks ago and have had parts of it on repeat since. It's fantastic. And it's available for free at the link above, so give it a listen.